Friday, September 4, 2015

The true me

I look in the mirror
Don't see what you do
I wish you'd understand
What I see there is true

I hate my own body
It makes me all sick
Want to hit and scream and shout
To get rid of the ick

This isn't some fetish
No abuse when I was young
No one made me feel this way
It's who I am I've known all along

I hate how I was made
I hate how I appear
I hate hiding away
I hate living in fear
I want to let it all out
I want to release my soul
I want to emancipate myself
I want to feel the real me

It hurts so much each day
Paralyzed even to speak
I want to tell you how I feel
To show you I'm no freak

I wish to follow my dreams
I know how destructive they are
To release my trapped soul
To follow my star

I hope that someday
You'll finally understand
I had no choice in all of this
And finally see I'm not a man

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jacqueline, Me again, I have just now read a few more of your recent blogs. I like the butterfly poem. Very few transpeople wanted what they are. But awareness is growing by leaps and bounds. But there will always be pockets of ignorance. Do not despair. This is a journey, not a race. You will find YOUR way. Have faith, and may your higher power bless you.

    ReplyDelete