Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring is coming..

Hello blog,

Today here is a very windy day as finally it seems that the earth is starting to thaw out after our long winter.  And thank goodness as it seems like we all had to spent the last few months all bundled up and dashing from building to building to stay warm.  I am so looking forward to Spring.

Along with the warmer weather, Spring always gives me a reason to go through and update the wardrobe.  I am a really bad shopper since there are still many items that I buy and never wear yet I am in the mood to buy more.  I don't know if this is a compulsion of mine, but when the warmer weather comes I inadvertly find myself walking the malls and browsing catalogs with the new season's fashions.

So that is where I found myself the other day, wandering the mall in male form and looking at some of the latest trends.  I got myself caught up at looking at some colorful blouses in an empty store when a the store associate caught my attention. This has happened to me plenty of times, and generally I use the lame excuse of looking for my wife when confronted in the store.  But not this time, I guess something in her made me feel a bit more relaxed and I went ahead and held the blouse up to me to check the sizing.

I am not sure if this is a sign of maturity, acceptance or I was testing myself but it did feel so good not to hide the fact inside.  I left the store without buying anything, but did share a pleasant smile and good day with the clerk on the way out.

Someday soon maybe I'll go back as Jaclyn or my other self and try out the dressing rooms.  The warmer weather is coming, and I am in need of some new threads.

Hugs,
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment