Friday, May 4, 2018

checking in

Good morning blog,

Next week marks month 2 on my hrt restart and things seem to start to be happening much faster this time.  I had a checkup with the clinic this week and my levels look good - where we want them for T and my E coming close to 100.  The only adjustment will be to boost my daily estrogen supplement by 2 mg and I have started that already.  Otherwise, medically things are proceeding rather well.

On the emotional side, the amazing speed of the changes makes me feel the reckoning point is fast approaching if not past.

I'm not a big fan of roller coasters since I am not a risk taker, but when I was much younger I remember riding some of those old-fashioned wooden rickety ones.  As you went up the first hill, the clink-clink-clink of the chain would always raise the anxiety level of the big dips and hills ahead.  I sort of today feel like I am on that roller coaster car with the clinking in my ears and hoping that my seatbelt is fastened tight enough for the big hill I am ascending.  I had a long discussion about hormones with my wife last night and discussions of the future lie ahead for this weekend I'm sure.

I hope that I am ready for this fast ride.  It is going to be scary, exhilarating and full of ups and downs ahead.  I don't like roller coasters much, so I hope I can handle this ride.

Cheers~
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment